Is the way you look at your life impacting the way your life is looking ? (You may need to read that line again!)
If your perception is your reality, then it may be worth some time and energy to become aware of your vantage point and see how it is serving you.
The Advantage-Vantage point
- Look at each challenge as a chance to strengthen your life skills
- See a way to make a positive difference
- Observe the good in others
- Notice when someone speaks kindly
- Glimpse the gifts you are given each day
- View your friends and family as a support team
- See that life is perfect right where it is
Sometimes it takes new information to view something differently. For instance, if I hear a child screaming, I am concerned. But if the child is on a roller coaster screaming, the level of my concern drops dramatically.
Other times just giving the situation or the person the benefit of a doubt is enough to change your vantage point.
Another way to a “new view” is to risk stating how you see it, and getting feedback from the source.
This week I encourage you to identify something, someone, or a situation that you are willing to look at differently!
One thing I will consider looking at differently: ______________________________________________
Here are three possible ways I could perceive it:
If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person’s point of view and see things from that person’s angle as well as from your own. – Henry Ford